There’s no denying the fact that protection from germs is top of mind for all of us.
But there’s another invisible source of imbalance that greatly impacts immunity and overall health (and it isn’t mentioned nearly as much).
Many are reaching out to Bernadette Judge (Nurse B), RN, operations manager of San Diego’s Nupeutics Naturals a resource for insights on natural and integrative medicine istalking about inflammation! Her advice below is so crucial!
This internal swelling is a natural physical response that helps us fight foreign invaders like germs and bacteria. It can also signal the body to repair damaged tissue after injury. But sometimes, inflammation can be ongoing (or chronic), occurring in response to the foods we eat, the chemicals in our body products, or pollutants in the air. It can trick the body into staying in a reparative state indefinitely when there is nothing to repair or fight off.
If that happens, the immune system can go into overdrive, attacking healthy tissue and cells. This intense, continuous inflammation has been linked to several diseases and symptoms, including thyroid dysfunction and certain types of cancer.
The good news is, there are lots of things we can do to help treat inflammation at its source and restore internal balance.
We know that poor nutrition and gut health, high levels of stress, environmental toxins, and chronic infection all affect the body’s inflammatory response. As a result, we can narrow down six key ways to help keep inflammation in check, all naturally:
- Load up on antioxidant-rich foods like berries, green leafy vegetables, and fatty fish to help alkalize (or balance) the body and reduce inflammation.
- Limit dietary and environmental toxins as much as possible. Choose organic, grass-fed meats free of pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics. Try to avoid refined carbs, sugar, and fatty fried foods, which feed inflammation. Look for naturally-derived hygiene products crafted without endocrine (hormone) disruptors or volatile chemicals.
- Practice good gut health by taking a quality probiotic supplement and cleansing when necessary to help detoxify your fragile microbiome.
- Manage stress levels with daily meditation, talking about worries and anxieties with a trusted friend or family member, or keeping a journal
- Get regular exercise. Taking a walk for just 20 minutes each day can make a huge difference!
- Get targeted support from a high-quality nutritional supplement like our herbal Inflammation Master. Featuring naturally-derived Piper Nigrum (from the black pepper family) and Yellow Turmeric, this holistic blend combines some of nature’s most potent inflammation-fighting elements to help you feel and perform at your best.